Friday, March 27, 2009

The BIG question

I am trying to make a decision. Right now the CJunk5 has a 4.5" lift and 33" tires. I really think that with some light triming it could fit 35" tires with ease. I have had the 4" lift and 33" combo before and it works great, but I really want to go bigger and badder with this one. So, I have been thinking about doing a spring-over-axle conversion with 0" lift springs. This gives enough lift to run 36" tires with some trimming. This setup gives more than enough performance offroad but the on-road performance is awful and slightly dangerous. So here is a list of pros and cons for both:

Leaving the lift the same and just trimming to fit 35's.
Pro's:
Cheap
less work (I am lazy)
Better onroad charactoristics
more stable offroad

Con's
Fairly poor performance offroad
Poor ride quality onroad


Spring over conversion
Pro's
Awsome offroad performance
Upgradable
Good ride quality

Con's
Poor onroad performance
more expensive

No comments:

Post a Comment